Three times a year (in March, July and November), we update our policies and standards for our recognition programs. This month we are updating three NCQA Recognition programs: Patient-Centered Specialty Practice (PCSP) 2013; Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) 2014; and Patient-Centered Connected Care 2015. The updates clarify and improve the existing language for these recognition programs, while retaining the original core requirements.
Customers have a variety of options for viewing the policy clarifications:
All customers can:
- View the Clarifications on Policies and Standards on the NCQA Recognition Programs Web site.
- Download a free version of the PCSP 2013 and PCMH 2014 Standards and Guidelines from the NCQA Store.
- Purchase the Patient-Centered Connected Care 2015 Standards and Guidelines from the NCQA Store.
Current customers with user names and passwords can:
- Log into the ISS Survey Tool to view the updates in HTML.
- Visit the Download Center (for customers who previously downloaded the electronic publication) to view the updates in a PDF document.
Opportunities to Learn More
NCQA hosts monthly Recognition Training customer education sessions for most of its Recognition programs. PCMH and PCSP Standards Live Q&A Sessions are held twice a month. All current and future customers are invited to attend these workshops! (At this time, no sessions are offered for the Patient-Centered Connected Care program.)
Customers can also submit questions at any time about the policy updates through the Policy Clarification Support portal. View the updates, today!
*Policy updates are released three times a year, in March, July and November.
Amy Maciejowski is a Program Manager for State Affairs at NCQA. She supports NCQA’s work with state legislators and regulators. Amy holds a master’s degree in Political Communications from American University.