If not, here’s a brief recap from our blog, Future HEDIS: A Can’t-Miss Vision for What’s Ahead:
“The Health Effectiveness Data Information Set (HEDIS®) has always evolved, year by year. But instead of a slow evolution, we are on the cusp of a revolution – a digital revolution. It paves the way for easier data collection, more accurate measurement and more timely results.”
Does that ring a bell?
Future of HEDIS Bottom Line
On Friday, July 12 we hosted a webinar to offer a glimpse into the future of HEDIS. Margaret O’Kane, NCQA Founder and President, and Michael S. Barr NCQA Executive Vice President, Quality Measurement and Research Group, covered the following “change topics”:
- Allowable Adjustments: New flexibility lets organizations use HEDIS at different levels of the health care system, and for purposes other than health plan reporting.
- Licensing and Certification: Updated requirements ensure the accuracy of measure results.
- Digital Measures: HEDIS specifications that download straight into users’ data systems bring new ease and clarity.
- Electronic Clinical Data Systems (ECDS): This new reporting method helps clinical data create insight for managing the health of individuals and groups.
- Annual Timeline: A new schedule gives the HEDIS community complete measure specs, sooner—11 months earlier than the current timeline.
All the projected changes aim to improve the utility of HEDIS and maintain the integrity of measures throughout the health care system.
In Case You Missed It
Thanks to all who attended! We appreciated your questions and the desire to dive deeper into what the future of HEDIS holds.
If you missed it, that’s okay. Take a listen here:
Did this webinar leave you wanting more?
No worries, there will be more discussions to come.