You spoke, we listened and in April NCQA launched an updated version of our PCMH Recognition program. The biggest change is the move from a 3-year recognition cycle to Annual Reporting, which ensures a practice continues to function as a PCMH and performs ongoing quality improvement initiatives.
Currently recognized practices that have earned NCQA PCMH Level 3 Recognition and whose recognition is up for renewal can transition directly to Annual Reporting.
The first group to go through this transition is finished. We are happy to announce the first NCQA recognized patient-centered medical homes to complete their transition to Annual Reporting.
Congratulations go to:
- Chota Community Health Services- Madisonville
- Chota Community Health Services-Tellico Plains
- Chota Community Health Services- Vonore
- The Daily Planet Health Services, Inc.
- TriHealth Physician Partners- Queen City Physicians- Hyde Park Internal Medicine
- Wood River Health Services, Inc.
NCQA’s redesigned recognition program offers:
- Flexibility. Practices take the path to recognition that suits their strengths, schedule and goals.
- Personalized service. Practices have more interaction with NCQA, and are assigned an NCQA representative who works with them throughout the recognition process as a consistent point of contact.
- User-friendly approach. Requirements remain meaningful, but with simplified reporting and less paperwork.
- Continuous improvement. Annual Reporting helps practices strengthen as medical homes. By reviewing your progress more often, you keep performance improvement at the top of your priorities list.
- Alignment with changes in health care. The program aligns with current public and private initiatives and can adapt to future changes.